Working to keep everyone safe
As the Province updates its protocols to deal with rising cases of Covid, the Kelowna Museums Society is committed to ensuring the safety of its visitors and staff by following all PHO guidelines.
Below are some of the key safety measures as of September 13, 2021:
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be admitted.
- Masks must be worn indoors, per Interior Health measures.
- A vaccine passport will not be required for general entry to any of our facilities; however, vaccine passports will be required to attend any programs or events, or when visiting the Public Archives.
- Floor markings and wayfinding signage are in place to regulate visitor numbers, direction and physical distancing. Occupancy signs are posted throughout.
- A regular cleaning and disinfecting schedule are maintained and hand sanitization stations are in place throughout. All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entering the museums.
Please note that our hours of operation have changed:
The Kelowna Public Archives are available by appointment only.
We look forward to seeing you!
Kelowna Museums Society
Share your story: COVID-19
The Kelowna Museums Society is documenting Kelowna’s COVID-19 history. We are collecting objects, artworks, photographs, videos and stories, including personal stories from the community.
Click the button below to learn more and share your story!
Kelowna Museums Locations
Okanagan Heritage Museum
Kelowna’s flagship museum, the Okanagan Heritage Museum, invites visitors to discover how the Okanagan Valley was formed, to gain insights into the world of our syilx hosts, to learn about the arrival of traders and settlers and so much more.
Okanagan Military Museum
Devoted to the preservation and greater awareness of Okanagan military heritage, the Okanagan Military Museum features uniforms, insignia, badges, firearms and fascinating stories of how locals have contributed to events on the world stage.
One of Kelowna’s most historic and beloved buildings, the Laurel Packinghouse is the oldest and largest packinghouse in BC. Part atmospheric rental venue, part museum, this is a building that charms both locals and visitors alike.
Kelowna Museums’ Upcoming Events and Workshops
Get cozy and listen to a telling of the captíkwł, “How Turtle Set the Animals Free.” Kids and adults alike will appreciate what the captíkwł teach us about living harmoniously on this land. Family-friendly and suitable for all ages!
Grab a lantern and step into the magic of the museum, all decked out for the holidays! This experience will leave you feeling nostalgic for that old-fashioned festive charm with stories, crafts, games, and the sights and smells that mark the holiday season.
An all-new exit room experience! Save the world from the mad scientist Dr. Mann E. Quinn, who is plotting to raise a mannequin army, by solving clues around the Okanagan Military Museum. You have 1 hour... to save the world.